domingo, 9 de noviembre de 2014

First try of cooking jadra


As a international student I have to confess that never in my life before I cooked something different than cereal, eggs and sandwich, so... 
This is the story of my first try for preparing my favorite dish that my mom sometimes cooks especially for me.

First you have to fry onions, until they are black





Take the onions out, fry the rice and wait until it starts sounding as popcorn. When you hear that sweet sound is the time to add the lentils (previous blended at the microwave), 3 cups of water per one of rice and the black onion.


 Put low fire and wait until there is no more water... Enjoy.

    








In my experience... It smells the same than my moms but the texture, view and flavour is different. Maybe is because I   didn´t follow exactly the recipe. I washed the rice (reason for not hearing the sound) and I didn´t count the water I add hahahaha.
It looks as rissoto, have a good taste but it had a lot of oil and it didn´t worked. But it was etable =D
I was cooking with some friends (Thanks God!)
One of them helped me for make my jadra look good as the picture below.



This is the first try of many until I get the flavourand the view that this recipe should have.         

 It was a pleasure trying, I had a lot of fun and I´m starting to discover that I love cooking but I need lots of practice =D

If I achieve this dish I promise to upload pictures.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario